Dates: September 1, 2013
- September 3, 2013
Location: Oslo Norway
website : http://www.nordicloud.net/
CALL FOR PAPERS
NordiCloud: Nordic Symposium on Cloud Computing and Internet Technologies (http://www.nordicloud.net)
September 1-3, 2013, Oslo, Norway
Cloud Computing has emerged as a popular computing paradigm that promises to remove obstacles for business innovation by exploiting the fundamental resource-sharing capabilities of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) architectures. Like in other parts of the World, many companies from Nordic and Baltic regions have started using cloud-enabled infrastructure and services and dozens of others are considering entering in this foray. An increasing number of companies from Nordic/Baltic regions have also started offering or making plans for offering different types of cloud computing services and products. Given the increasing popularity and importance of cloud computing in the Nordic/Baltic regions, several R&D projects and educational programs have been initiated with the involvement of several dozens of academic and corporate researchers who have been collaborating locally and internationally to achieve much-needed
advances in both technical and socio-technical aspects of cloud computing.
The Nordic Symposium on Cloud Computing & Internet Technologies (NordiCloud) aims at providing an industrial and scientific forum for enhancing collaboration between industry and academic communities from Nordic and Baltic countries in the area of Cloud Computing and Internet Technologies. This forum also aims to provide a bridge between cloud computing researchers and practitioners from Nordic/Baltic countries and Cloud computing communities in other parts of the World. The target audience of the symposium are researchers and practitioners who are working on Cloud Computing or emerging areas of Internet Technologies. This forum will enable participants to exchange knowledge and experiences and discuss future trends in Cloud Computing and Internet Technologies.
The symposium seeks contributions on any topic related to cloud computing & Internet Technologies, including:
- Service and deployment models of cloud computing
- Design and evaluation of systems for cloud computing
- Service-oriented architectures
- Monitoring and adaptation of cloud computing systems
- Programming paradigms for cloud computing
- Software engineering paradigms for cloud computing
- Energy efficiency of cloud-based systems and data centres
- Economic and business perspectives on cloud computing
- Mobile cloud computing
- Cloud-enabled Internet-of-Things (IoT)
- Social network analysis on the cloud
- Privacy and security in cloud computing
- Socio-technical and legal issues of cloud computing
- Collaborative processes on the cloud
- Scientific computing on the cloud
- Training and education programs for cloud computing
NordiCloud seeks three types of papers for the peer-reviewed track:
- Full research papers and industrial experience reports (6-8 pages).
- Position papers (4-5 pages).
- Poster papers (1-2 pages).
For the requirements of each kind of papers, please visit the symposium website http://www.nordicloud.net
* Contributions due: June 3, 2013
* Notification of acceptance: June 28, 2013
* Camera-ready paper due: July 8, 2013
* Symposium: September 1-3, 2013
All submitted papers will undergo a rigorous peer review process. Papers will be selected based on originality, quality, soundness and relevance. All contributions must be original, not published, accepted or submitted for publication elsewhere.
Submissions must be done using the EASYCHAIR system that will be made avaiable from the symposium website. All types of papers must conform to the ACM SIGs proceedings format and guidelines.
For all other types of contributions, please check the symposium website: http://www.nordicloud.net